Well I have had around 6 weeks of time with the EP800v4GB; I love it! By far the best sub I have had in this room. This is way beyond any SVS sub I had (4 of them) and much smoother more refined than the Paradigm SW2000 for my application. I found the SW2000 was over-powering the room and causing resonances in various areas. I couldn't dial it in well.

The EP800 and my EP500 work harmoniously together and the sound is perfect for the grazer and other grazers who wish to do so.

I have had two weeks experience with a pair of Anthem M1 Statement mono-blocks.... yikes! These pancakes just turned my pair of Model T's into two more EP500's at the front of the room. It's like I have 4 subs in the room and the imaging/soundstage is outstanding!! I am still trying to replicate two amplifier fault code which shut down the amps for 10 seconds several times one night under moderately heavy lifting. I reduced the output level from the preamp to the monos by 3 db; so far no faults. I am also thinking that the faults might have been caused by the power line coming in as it happened during a huge storm with 50 mph wind. I think there may have been a voltage swings which the monitoring circuits in the M1's didn't like. After all, the M1's have multiple monitoring circuits for various parameters including full shorting or open circuit on the speaker outputs and full AC input monitoring.

So not sure if it was the reduction of the preamp output (the M1's have a switchable preamp input level, either 0db or -6db and I have it set at 0db). I could have probably accomplished the same thing with the switch vs. re-calibrating the line out levels in the preamp.

Ian is still pushing me towards the Bryston 28B3 monos.... smile With the massive toroid high capacitance power supplies, he said the headroom in dynamic range for music is beyond anything. I think they run around 1800 watts per channel into 4 ohms which is close the the M1's which are at 2000 watts continuous, but they use a switching power supply. However with 240 volt/15 amp dedicated AC mains for each amp, it is said that the M1's have limitless headroom..... until they fault out that is smile But I am definitely enjoying these flapjacks.

Slim

Last edited by Slimpikins; 03/10/18 03:58 PM.