If JT 'throws' me a pair of 28B3's to compare, I promise I'll spend the time to give it a full run. And pay the return freight.

BTW, I just received my 50 foot run of Canare Quad Star balanced cable for the EP800.. I pulled my 40 foot run of unbalanced Belden cable, replaced the ground lift screw (I had a ground loop with the unbalanced line which the ground lift cured), plugged in my new fancy Japanese cable and fired up all of the usual stuff. My first impression within 13 seconds was the noise level was substantially lower and the articulation of the bass cleaner. But I was not getting the impact I had prior with the Belden cable.

I thought about this and it didn't make sense as the balanced cable should have more throughput. The cleaner sound I expected due to the lower noise floor and thus enhanced signal to noise ratio,, but why less impact? Ah! maybe the phase control needs to be changed. So that is what I did, I played with the phase and voila! That impact was back, but now with a cleaner crisp signal.

I will receive my new quad star twisted pairs speaker cable in two days smile Let us see if a cable designed for lower noise produces anything more for me. And as Mojo said, you cannot go wrong with twisted pairs and higher voltage due to pairs. These cables work out to 11 Gage with the pair.

Last edited by Slimpikins; 03/13/18 02:38 AM.