My ears starting ringing when i heard "double blind test".
(Yes, still occasionally trolling the boards when time allows.)

Interesting conversation. Not much new here (except for a few more details of behind the scenes stories that developed situations).
Those who seek objective truth are confronted by those with idealistic belief. It is the argument of ages (religion, audio, climate change...).

The double blind tests are fun if not anything else. Tried some of these in my own home and it wasn't any different an experience from the one at the Axiom factory though i found the remote control to be a slower switch than our manual one. If i recall, i ended up picking the B&W speaker over the Axiom but both had close scores.
I've found that i like the sound of Monitor Audio over Axiom (this one tested at home) except for the heavier MA bass. Now that MA has moved to a 3-way design, i would love to try this test again.
Lately i've found myself not enjoying my Angstrom Legatto office speakers so much. The low end sounds thin unless i really turn up the volume and the clarity at the midrange and high end is almost too sharp on the ears. It is better at a distance but that doesn't work well while sitting at the desk. In contrast, the Tannoy Revolutions that sit on top of the Angstroms have a muted vocal component but nicer bass for lower volumes. I might switch them both out for something else.

And back to on topic, yes that was a dig at Axiom. There was no need to include a brand name as part of that youtube video discussion let alone a very specific brand in which there's been known public animosity in the past between the two entities.
Audioholics, move on already!
Sheesh.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."