A couple of years back I had asked the forum gurus to help me design a Dolby Atmos enabled home theater. I joined the Axiom bandwagon many moons back (circa 2005) with QS8s/M80/VP180 (and a Hsu sub VTF-3 MK II), married to a Denon 3805, in a 7.1 configuration. It was great for its time. But as the years went by ... the lack for HDMI support on the receiver -- and -- for the exciting new Dolby Atmos sound format compelled, me to upgrade.

Both Ian (big thank you), and forum experts helped me do just that. With their help I ended up with a 7.1.4 configuration (two new pairs of ceiling speakers, M3 on walls for sides and rears replacing my QS8s). This is on top of a 4K projector setup (Epson 5040UB)/Apple 4K media streamer, as well as 9.1 receiver (Marantz SR6012) and an external power amp (Monoprice Unity series) to drive the overall setup.

I also added sound deadening through the use of GIK Acoustics bass traps.

The result has been extremely pleasing. As I watch content on Netflix, Prime, and lately Star Wars movies on Disney +, it demonstrates how *vital, tangible and enjoyable* the impact of quality speakers is, to the overall enjoyment in a home theater. Obviously, a good 4K/HDR setup, and a light controlled room, is vital to the experience as well, but a high quality arrangement on the audio side is equally vital IMHO. I sometimes catch myself realizing I never heard something with this level of accuracy and clarity (esp a well mastered Atmos movie) in the movie theater (e.g. Apocalypse now, Black Panther, Alita Battle Angel, the many Star Wars movies, Blade Runner 2049 etc).

Ian and forum experts, a big thank you!

Axiom M80Ti, VP150, M3 on walls X 4, M3 ceiling X4, HSU VTF-3 MK3