It might not be the simple answer your after but i think it best to figure out a lot of this stuff yourself as you are the one who knows your room and what your after. I can only guess.

The best single document I’ve found on speaker placement is the one from Trinnov

trinnov-speaker-layout-guide

It will impart some real insight into how and why surrounds are positioned in all 3 formats: ATMOS, DTS-X, & Auro-3d. Their product is much more flexible on placement then anything a mere mortal would own. So, for the money challenged (those of us who might balk at spending 20 to 30k on a processor) we need to think a bit more because your room and what format you favor will have an impact on placement. This can be a fairly deep rat hole ... so, if you have the interest and time ...

You can start digging into the ATMOS and Aruro-3d specs (DTS:X claims they can use whatever)

atmos-installation-guidelines.pdf

Auro-3D-Home-Theater-Setup-Guidelines_lores.pdf

and overlaying that on the layout of your room and the listening area you are trying to create. Now you can create your best compromise.

Of course most don’t go this deep and they seem to be happy with the out comes smile

Last edited by rrlev; 03/11/21 05:47 PM.