Looks like my access to the boards has been restored. I kept getting a message that my IP address was listed in the Stop Forum Spam database as a known spammer/spambot. Since this is the only board I am a member of, I assume an Axiom AI had enough of me until it no longer didn't.

Eric, I had no doubt you'd like your M100s. I replaced my M80v2 with M5 and that was an incredible difference. The move to M100v4 from the M5s had some sonic pros and some sonic cons.

The biggest differences I found between the v2 and v4 were deeper and wider soundstage, a more believable soundstage that started at the front plane of the speakers and spread back to the front wall, significant improvements in mid-bass, mids, highs and image placement and space between the images.

One big surprise with the M100s was the greater emotional satisfaction for movies. Instruments and vocals were more realistic with M100s than M5s but imaging and soundstage was better with the M5s.

Of course all this depends on the listener and the room but those are my impressions.

Jacques Louissier sounds far more satisfying on the v4 BTW. And get a load of the mid-bass and virtual images the following track offers.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7FE3yVQkgwifYMAxUko7rO?si=yJk563UyRZ2fX8Vyfz977w

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated