Originally Posted by Mojo
Unfortunately, as you know from Rebulx's experience and I know there's at least one more on this board, some listeners' ears-brains got real messed up from listening to the tweeters of Ti to v3 and now they think those are the cat's pajamas when in reality the land of milk and honey is the v4.

I think I'm that other guy. I don't go back as far as the ti, but I was a huge fan of the v2, specifically the M22v2. I was shocked that I found the v2 version of that speaker sounded better that the v4. I would have just have blamed my being very used to the v2, but I went ahead and bought an A/B switch and did a more formal comparison and I became convinced that the v4 was less "interesting". It sounded like it dropped a few harmonics. I even dragged my wife into it, who was not nearly as invested; and when I did the A/B comparison she liked the M22v2 better too. Eventually I gave up on theM22v4 and returned them for the M5v4 which is definitely the better all-around package (e.g., M22v2 vs M5v4).

Personally I think it's the crossover, not the tweeters; but then I'd have to admit I don't know what I'm talking about. And then I'll double-down and bet that Axiom made the decision to tune the high-end crossover for the M5, as their new speaker. But I have nothing to back that up either. I'm curious how the M3's sound with the v4. Since the M3's have a lot in common with the M5's, I'm betting they sound better with the v4. If that proves true, that would make the M2 the loser; but Mojo insists they're awesome with the v4, so my theory falls apart. Still, I do have some old M3v2's, one day I'd like get some M3v4 and test my theory out.