Originally Posted by Kodiak
Hey Michael thanks for chiming in.

Why did you decide to upgrade from m60v4 to m80v4?

Why did you choose to not get the HP version?

What differences are you hearing?

What size and type of space are you in?

I’ve always considered the m80 as the flagship speaker from axiom. I bought these m60 ti for cheapish on refurb just to try out axiom. Loving em.

It looks like you have lots of posts so I’m guessing you’ve gone thru the various versions of towers over the years.

I’m absolutely open to anyone’s opinion they are sharing. I’m enjoying learning and this is hobby I didn’t think I’d get so geeked out on. Thats why I’m here! Plus it’s fun to yack about audio.

Oh, I don't have a great reason. I'm an impulse buyer of Axiom products I reckon...... My first Axiom speaker was the M80TI. I still have them and listen to them pretty much every day. They are playing "surround back" channels in my great room. I use this system for background music in multi channel stereo. They still kick ass.

I bought the M60's in real wood finish for my small HT room. It's 12' X 18'. I also thought they might play better with the 160, and I did not want the 180, so I went with the 60's. I also had some other real wood speakers, but in different colors/species, so one day I decided to buy a whole new system, matching all the speakers. I went with the M80's this time, because I always felt the M60's just didn't have the kick the M80's did.

And no, Mojo....lol..... I did not miss SPL, as I do not need to go deaf. The M80's hit harder, at lower SPL too. I like them better, no question, than the M60's.

I did not go with the HP drivers, cause I have no need for them, and that would just be throwing money away for no good reason.