Originally Posted by Kodiak
Originally Posted by Mojo
I'd take the M60v4 over the M80v4 BTW. More linear.

That’s really interesting to hear you say that. I know you’ve said less drivers are more linear. Which makes sense. I don’t think I’d benefit really from an m100 or m80hp. Maybe an m60hpv4 is all I need. With more power behind them. Might make more sense then too spend money in future on better components and power so I can hear how that changes things ( as I’ve gotten used to my ti versions ). Or I put m60hpv4 into what I have now to hear the difference of the speakers without changing components.

Less drivers is more linear, so m2 with subs blended would be why you keep saying that I guess.

No, hang on! Less drivers is not more linear. What I said is that less drivers can lead to better room integration and better imaging. My M2s for example integrate with and image better in my living room than any other Axiom.

More drivers are used to allow higher SPLs. With less drivers, the speakers distort when you want more SPL. The drivers share the SPL load. Back to my living room M2s, one mid-woofer and one tweeter is more than enough for my living room needs.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated