The Bluos App is fine. Very robust and more feature packed than I need. It acts as a wrapper for many services. Like 30. You can use it that way or use it to set the system or zones up then you can use spotify without it and choose the bluesound device it sends to. Same as sonos that way.

If using Tidal same.

I use it with my NAD receiver and it hasnt burped once. I forgot I had a NAS hard drive in our mechanical room. Its been a few years and bluos still had everything ready to go in a split second after clicking a track.

We are opting away from Sonos for installs because it requires a connection to the mothership to verify license/registration or it wont work. Not cool with that. Sonos will not work without an internet connection even if you are jacked right into it with an rca cable. Mind blowing..... I also dont like how they obsoleted their old products at corporate office level through software.... what a waste of electronics going to the dump.

We put a Sonos stereo in a new place and had to go back finish it because Bell hadnt got the internet connected yet. Hotspotting off a cellphone wouldnt work....