We are going to be doing some work on the house and I’m thinking of upgrading the current theater setup.

The house came with Bose front height speakers and in-wall rears. I’m not a fan of the location of the rears.
I’m currently using circa 2007 M60s up front and also imploying them as a virtual center along with an EP500 from the same year.
For reference current display is 65 inches.

I have a Marantz 6012 and am looking to do a 7.1.4 Atmos setup. I’m going to be moving the M60s out for more casual listening in the lounge and bring in my Active LFRs for duty up front. I also have a monoprice 7 channel amp so only need the Marantz for processing.

Other items I have which I’m not currently using are a pair of on-wall M3s and an on-wall VP150.

Room dimensions as follows:
Wall with the display is 16’6”
Back wall is 13’3”
Wall with fireplace 16’6”
Current back left half-wall to bar 5’6”
Ceiling is flat and a height of 14’

I’ve taken three photos. (hoping the links show up correctly.) Most important call out is that I am planning on removing all the facade around the fireplace (everything currently painted white) to leave just the black fireplace opening and potentially add a wooden beam mantle if I leave the room in it’s current orientation.

I could change to room orientation and place the display above the fireplace and not put in a mantle but this would may make the cable routing a bit more challenging and I’m not sure how I’d get in a left rear speaker.

If anyone thinks I should flip the rotation let me know how you think that could work.

With current layout I’m looking at getting a 75 inch display mounted (floating) on the wall, a little higher than current location giving me the option to mount an on-wall center. I’d also be looking to have the front left moved wider for more separation. As mentioned, these would be Active LFRs. For the center I could reuse the on-wall VP150 but I was never a huge fan of it and thinking of trading it in for an on-wall VP180 to complement the Actives. Mojo, you may well say it’s not needed with the Actives doing virtual center duty. Looking to understand all options on the center.

Speaking of Mojo, my first thought was M2s for all other speakers based on your glowing reviews and either trading in my M3ows or using them in another room.

I had the in-ceiling M3s in my previous house and wasn’t floored by them.

For the front ceiling speakers I’m thinking regular white M2s on FMB which will make them blend in at 14’ and so I can position them toward the MLP.

For the back ceiling speakers I could do the same and put them right up against where the back wall meets the ceiling and angle them toward the MLP or mount on-wall M2s just behind the MLP which may look a little cleaner but you’d lose a little bit of direction.

I just have enough space to get side surrounds to line up by placing the left as far forward as possible on the bar wall and once the facade is removed around the fireplace, the right just off the window. Again I’m thinking this as an on-wall speaker and leaning toward the M2 again but would like to know if the side surround would benefit being an M5?

Lastly, the rears are having me scratch my head over the following thoughts:
Do I mount M2 on-walls with the back right mounted lower than the current in-wall and the back left also lower but flush up against the wall lip close to inline with the front left.
Do I use wedges and try to angle them a bit (not sure how much angle I’d get) toward the MLP from the same positions?
Do I use FMB with regular M2s and angle them toward the MLP?
Does anyone see any other options on the back speaker locations?

Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions would be most welcome.

Much appreciated!

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/r24hxo3nt9va8r6/DF4C6315-7616-48E0-8233-E342E9ACD5BA.jpeg?dl=0[/img]
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq3ets7ljfwm4hv/32FE02B9-6C42-4B9B-8FD4-86013AFFCF52.jpeg?dl=0[/img][img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zbznzqw8uu2afz/1123137A-26C3-4F39-BDF7-46B023DDBF3C.jpeg?dl=0[/img]