I understand that there are factors that affect the soundstage width, depth... among many other speaker (sound) characteristics.

HOWEVER, if the M22 is powered by a Rotel amp and a Pre/pro that anchors the Paradigm Sig 2 at the SoundForum shop - and, yet, it STILL does not produce soundstage even nearing that of the Paradigm Reference Studio 20s... then how much more can better amplification do? The salesman - a friend of mine - told me that he was being completely unbiased in the shootout I was allowed to do in HIS store said, "the axioms DO seem boxed in."

i concur with his opinion. EVERYONE in the store concured. I was very SADDENED to find this out the hard way - but in my opinion, the M22 do not extend well beyond the two speakers' perimeter.

also, the same EXACT audio source was played everytime in my shootouts and the exact same amplification was used in each speaker - this alone should equalize the field in terms of controllable factors in the shootout. the fact that the axiom m22 always sounded boxed in relative to the all speakers (excluding the RTi) suggest one of two things:

1. The m22 are deficient in soundstage width.
2. My axiom m22 are defective.

JOEY's PC Sound System: Polk LSi7 (x4, mains and rears) and SVS 25-31PC+ (sub)