easy on the guy bren, he just got here...

there are hundreds of combos you could go with to make a really bad-a$$ system for yourself. obviously, if budget is a concern, you must start there.

find yourself a price range that is within your means, and go from there.. mixing and matching different speakers is common, so there is no real set way of doing things. i would suggest to get the QS4's or QS8's as surrounds cause thats what they are specifically designed to do. both are great speakers and will work well with any front and center combo. if you are looking for big sound from a small speaker, look at the M22's as fronts. you will need a sub to fill in the bottem end void from these speakers, but a sub is a necessity for any true HT set-up. if you have a bigger space and more money, then move up to the M50's or M60's for fronts. those can just about handle anything you can give them. the VP100 or VP150 are both great centers. once again, depending on budget and room size, i am sure either will get the job done.

as far as the sub, i think if you are looking for the best bang for buck, you can find it elsewhere.. the SVS and HSU brands of subs are slightly cheaper, and are rated slightly better than the axiom subs. they are not available in the same 'custom finishes' that the axioms are, but thats the trade off.. looks or sound?? you choose.

i know this was vague, but its a start. the axiom line are ALL great speakers, and you wont go wrong with picking them. good luck in your research ahead!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??