Not trying to upset the apple cart here, but I think you should by a new receiver first. I too have a Bose speaker system. I’m not advocating Bose by any means, but they don’t sound as bad as some folks try to portray either. I also have Axiom M80’s playing stereo in my second zone with an Outlaw LFM1 sub. So I can reference both worlds here.

Point I’m trying to make is that my Bose speakers woke the hell up when I drove them with my new AVR. I was driving them with a POS 5.1 receiver that claimed 120 watts per channel, DTS Dolby, blah, blah blah……I bought a H/K 7200 and let me tell you, night and day difference. The Bose system can’t hold a candle to my second zone Axiom/Outlaw system, but still, big difference with the new receiver. I’d start there first. Then upgrade your speakers when you get some more pennies saved up.

And as far as your listening tastes go, they are comparable to mine. My M80’s flat out crank and rock the house. There is no muddling or over brightness of anything. AC/DC, VH, Sound Garden, Blink 182, Breaking Benjamin, Pink Floyd, Arosmith, etc, etc…. These babies sound terrific, and as loud as the neighbors will tolerate.