I'm going to thread-jack a bit because I have an extremely similar question. I'm one step beyond starbuck in that I already purchased the Epic 50 system but upgraded to QS8's in the rear.

I have this system setup and have so far been slightly disappointed and wanted some advice from the gurus to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. My disappointment stems from a tremendous lack of mid-bass and a virtual disappearance of dialogue during battle sequences in movies. I am really only using this system for an HT.

I am running a Sony STR DE995 receiver:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tGW2evFDSc8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=158STR995B&g=10420

This receiver has been used to power infinity fronts and b&w rears for quite some time without trouble. I moved to axiom so that I could finally have a matched system. When I watch now though there is just something lacking, I have had to jack up receiver volume to get anything out of these speakers. Is my receiver that horrendous? Any advice would be appreciated and I'm more than happy to give more clarification.

Thanks in advance,

-Sam

Last edited by Spooky36; 09/24/04 07:46 PM.

Epic 50 HT w/ QS8's, Denon 2805