Thanks 2X6spds. Nice comments from you as well. I really don't understand the position that receivers and cd players sound alike. I mean, I really don't! I also don't understand the relevance of double blind testing in the first place. We don't live in a double blind testing world *all* of the time.

If a person can hear a difference and it is only because of their perception, then why should that person not buy the equipment they perceive to be better? Perception is reality isn't it and over and over again I've seen people recommending other people to "save their money" or "don't, you won't be buying a different sound".

Its so easy to tell the differences in cd players or receivers that for the "science position" to hold weight for the person, it would seem a fair assumption that these folks cannot hear any differences. Were this not the case, why would they recommend keeping a piece of equipment they or someone else believes (perceives) sounds inferior? Or, why would they recommend not adding a better power cord even if they could hear (perceive) an improvement in sound?

I guess what I am saying is that if you want to enjoy your sound, the whole point is moot. To give you an example, I can hear differences between Onkyo receivers and NAD receivers. I prefer NAD. It would be awfully stupid of me to stick with the Onkyo even if I know the science is true.

Regarding cables and power chords I haven't listened to anything but the stock provided with the equipment, so I have no idea. ;-) I use cheap radio shack RCAs.