As 2x6spds would say, time to get out the hip waders.

If we want to debate what would happen if we actually saddled up an electron and galloped through the wire, we might as well start debating reality itself.

Misapplied cognitive dissonance theory aside, I have major issues with 4 feet of power cord making a difference. Sure, if the 4 feet of power cable connects the space shuttle’s launching systems to an unlimited power source, it is very important to have a wire that does not inhibit the flow of current. That is simply not the case with HT. There are many other weaker links between the power substation and your amp. If your amp is not receiving adequate power, it is not the fault of the cable – it is the fault of the source.

This entire thread is overlooking one key point; if the engineers at (insert company) thought they were crippling their product with an inadequate power cable, they would certainly make a change. Major manufacturers could buy or manufacture “improved” power cables for a negligible amount. I don’t see Denon giving HK product superiority for a few extra bucks on a power cable.

Power transmission has been studied since the key on Franklin’s kite lit up. “Double Helix” terms aside, powering equipment is not a new science.

But then, I have never ridden an electron.