In reply to:

Have you tried to plot a graph with both speakers + sub? The sub might help smooth out some of the low frequencies.

Mike:
No, I don't. I wasn't kidding when I said that I probably have 30 graphs, but I haven't done both R & L at the same time. I have done both M60s individually, with and without the sub & with receiver set to small and large in several positions.

In reply to:

I do have some diy room treatments plus lots of plushy stuff in the room.

At this point, I really wish I had an acoustically "dead" room. I really think that the problem is more small size, square size (especially!) and limited placement options.

In reply to:

when you are getting your readings, do you have the meter at your primary listening location? Or is it as pictured in the image?

Andrew:
Actually, this was the only test where I placed the meter in anything other than the "sweet spot"! This was more of an experiment to see what differences would be read in moving the M60 variable distances from the wall. In this one case only, I placed the meter there to hopefully "take the room out" of the readings a bit. Didn't work!

The other readings I've taken of all the speakers show similarly wide swings, though at different places.

In reply to:

Actually like mwc said (except without the sub), I think the curves I would be most concerned about if it were my setup, would be the curves taken with the SPL meter in my primary listening location and both M60s running.

I honestly would not have thought that a reading with both M60s running would have been that beneficial. As mentioned above, I did meter them separately and put them on the same graph (their irregularities were somewhat consistent). I would have thought that metering them together would not really accomplish much (in my room anyway) as the speakers are not "centered" within a wall in the room and I would think that they could "smooth each other out", but that doesn't really help me when you have an acoustic guitar on left and a different one on right… does it?

In reply to:

Are you going to run another set with 3805 equalization to note any differences?

John:
I didn't for that one particular test because, as mentioned above, it wasn't being metered from my primary listening position. With the other ones I've done, yes, I've re-metered after some EQ and re-plotted on the same graph for "before and after". There's a little difference, but nothing significant as far as the charts go and just tonight I've done some listening with the EQ Off and on my custom setting, and it's close, but I think I just prefer it "off".

Like I said, I can't really make very significant changes via EQ as the Denon 3805, while offering full parametric capability with it's "auto" function, actually isn't that flexible in manual mode. You have fixed center frequencies and no "Q" adjustments, so you're always fudging it a bit!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::