Ahh, here we go. Build your own bass traps. Electronic Musician was such a great magazine.

"There are many different types of bass trap designs, and this one is as effective as any. It is particularly well-suited for small rooms because the traps protrude very little--the thickest unit is only four inches deep. A two-foot width was chosen because it yields two traps from each sheet of plywood with no waste."

http://www.ethanwiner.com/basstrap.html

I don't think these would be so bad. They're big but they don't look like seven headed aliens or anything. Cubic footage is about the same as an EP600 and I don't think you would tell FedEx to take one of THOSE back if it showed up at your door.

I would be building a couple of these puppies right now if I wasn't moving in six months to a new house where the room dimensions were all run through a mode calculator before signing off the drawings

Might have to build them anyways. My room isn't much better than Mark's -- not square but pretty much 2:1 so same effect just a little less evil.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8