In reply to:

wow, that's a lot of testing

Yeah, it is. I'm a "detail" person anyway, but this whole thing's gotten away from me. Once I started testing and seeing results like this, I keep going back with different options to try. Along the lines of what John said, I don't "tweak" my systems once they're set up. I won't explore different cables, etc… but these swings sure seem big and they're certainly and directly affecting the sound.

It's funny…. I mentioned in my original post that I am happy with my Axioms. If I'm happy with them now, how ecstatic could I be if I could tame this room a little? Further, sometimes I think "Well, John likes his Axioms, and Ray likes his Axioms, and Peter and Jack and Tom, yadda, yadda yadda…. BUT….. what if Tom "settled" on his sound and because of his room, isn't getting ANYwhere near the quality that Ray is getting? Since we each hear differently, and we're not hearing each others' systems, how do we know? How do I know that it couldn't just "come together" and I wouldn't love my Axioms 3X as much with a little tweaking?

In reply to:

How big is the room ? I'm guessing one dimension is about 11 feet ?

The room is 13' square, with an 8.5' foot ceiling.

In reply to:

was the graph you posted with the meter as shown in the picture or in the sweet spot ?

That particular graph was metered as shown in the photo… NOT in the sweetspot as all my others' were…

In reply to:

Was the blanket positioned to intercept the first reflection off the walls to your listening position or was it really close to the speaker ?

It was placed to diffuse that first reflection off both the floor and the wall….to that particular meter position.

In reply to:

Have you had a chance to convert the peak & valley frequencies to distances and go looking for those distances ?

No, I haven't. I don't know how to do this. Can you recommend an article? I come across "acoustics" articles pretty often, but not ones that explain the hard math and how to do the calculations….

In reply to:

you definitely did the right thing measuring the speakers independently. You can average the readings and plot what you would get with both speakers turned on, but you can't separate the plots if you measure together.

Good point; thanks. Yes, to me, the most important plot I've got is the one with the M60s metered independently, with the sub on, charted on the same graph. I can read them independently, or see the very obvious similar characteristics between them.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::