I'm kind of a newbie but let's see if I can explain my problem. Bought a new pair of M60's 16 months ago to hook up to a new Rotel 1050 amp. Well I'm playing some tunes pretty loud for awhile when the amp cuts out. Start over again, same thing happens. I call a buddy over to look at things and he discovers that the tweeter in one speaker is not working. My tin ears couldn't tell until he pointed it out.
Speaker goes back, new one comes in, everything's fine. Fast forward up to about 2 months ago. Out of the blue my amp shuts down again. Well the first thing I check is the tweeters and sure enough one tweeter has died. Pull the tweeter out, ship it back, install the new one, everything is fine. Well, not too long afterwards I'm cranking the tunes and the amp cuts out again! I listen to the new tweeter and there is sound coming from it so maybe it was just something else. Anyway, I was just now playing music again and the amp just cut out so there is something definitely not right here. When I compare the sound coming from each tweeter it really seems like the sound coming from this new tweeter is subdued. Is this possible? The tweeter isn't dead it just doesn't seem anywhere near as bright as the other one.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this my normal miserable luck? I've done a search on here for tweeters and have found nothing resembling my trouble. The only thing that's different from the two speakers is that the one I'm having trouble with is roughly 14 inches away from a 32" CRT TV.

Anyone have any suggestions? Do I ship this tweeter back again?

Thanks.