I just checked with the local Radio Shack. Unfortunately, no go with the SPL meter. Yes, there is a 5 year warranty on the Rotel. mdrew where would I get a Fluke?

I'll just add that the low 80's on the volume dial is the highest I go by far and that's rare. If I hear any distortion or I guess what I perceive as distortion I drop the volume down. I may have been pushing it there recently because it wasn't quite as loud as before since I think I may have already partially damaged the tweeter. When I isolate the speakers one definitely sounds better than the other so I guess that's the case.

I'm also wondering about my speaker wire. It's 14 ga. and longer than it needs to be. When I have a chance I'm going to shorten it up but is it possible that an extra 10 feet of wire would affect things?

Anyway I'm going to rewire my system (when my electronic minded friend gets back I'll let him look at it), buy a new tweeter and get the Rotel looked at. This may take awhile but I'll be sure and let you guys know how it went. You've gone above and beyong what I expected and I appreciate it.

I'll check back later if anyone has anything to add.

Thanks again.