It’s just a digital multi meter. Fluke is the preferred brand of electricians across the world. They set the standard that all others try to meet. Any ohm meter will do the same though. You are just looking to see if you have 0 resistance between the speaker wire conductors. If it’s anything other than 0, you have continuity ( a short ). But you will have to isolate the conductors between the binding posts and tweeters to check this. I have not torn mine apart, so I do not know for certain if they have quick disconnects, or not. They may be soldered. And I also do not know what other devises may be in line between the tweeters and binding posts. Can’t say that I’ve ever built a speaker.

But you can isolate the problem to the receiver or the speaker by swapping speakers first. If you blow another tweeter on the other speaker, you then know that it is the receiver causing the problem. I personally hate trouble shooting in this manor, but it may be your best alternative if you don’t wish to take the receiver in, or know how to check continuity.

Link to Fluke (cut and paste)…. http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/Fluke80SeriesV.htm

I use the 87V, but the 83V is more than adequate for home use.