Hi-

I'm looking to upgrade my sound system and have had Axiom in the back of mind as a consideration due the overwhelming amount of positive things I've read about them. I'm relatively new to "high(er) end" audio, having bought my first real speakers about 3 months ago. I'm currently using B&W dm601 s3's, with an LCR60. To cover the low end, I have an SVS PB10-ISD. This is all being pushed by a Marantz SR8400.

So, I'm hoping you kind folks could enlighten me as to what I might expect with a pair of Axioms. I think I'm all but sold on moving to floorstanding...I could go bookshelves b/c my sub is a real thumper, but I think that if I can afford the floorstanders, this could make a more significant difference. In terms of budget, I'm looking at $1000, so not a lot. With that said, that would afford me M50ti's and a VP100. My main concern or question is, can anyone elaborate on what sort of sound differences I could expect? I know B&W is known for their extra smooth midrange, albeit a pronounced midrange, and a focus on neutrality. I must say, I'm not terribly disappointed with the 601's though they could seriously use some more low end. Also, they're not very efficient, at 88db spl.

Is there anyone out there who has maybe demo'd the B&W's (specifically the 600 series), or knows an owner that could elaborate a bit more on what I can expect. I know you have to just listen to them, but I've never bought anything without looking at/hearing it first, and am now considering dropping $1000 to do just that. Being that I'm not made of money, that's a little unnerving. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.