Right you are, John; good points well made!

What I probably should have said to Rich, "Dad of Sam and Noah"(I "think")who(I understand)has both M2s and M22s, Was, "Are they as good to Your ears....?"

You bring up some really fun points though on "reference" speakers!(I think I've read, and agree with, much of the same stuff you've read!) I certainly agree with your assesment of the M3/M2 M22!!

One thing I find interesting about Axiom, and something that I think I picked up here and there, was that Axiom is working very hard to make their speakers "flat" but are, at the same time, working just as hard to make their speakers "Sound Good." And what is equally well understood: A flat speaker does not necessarily "sound" good. So it's a tightrope; a real "art and science both togther" situation.

What seems to make it a lot of fun, especially in forums like this, is the deal where we all can pretty much agree on what "Looks" good on paper, but we can't hardly agree, generally, within our own Posse' about what "sounds" good! (OK, ok, that's an exageration!)

Hey,absolute agreement whould make for very boring forums, wouldn't it?: We'd only be able to argue about which would be the "Best" finish to have on our identical sounding systems!! This way is much more fun!!

So, Viva the....
Rich.