First, I want to thank everyone for their inputs & feedback. As always, this is a great bunch.

By way of quick review, I think the M3s sound great. Haven't had a chance to do any really critical or comparative listening with these, and I'm working with a new little T-amp that I haven't powered anything else with. I've got so many different variables changing at once that this is far from a controlled experiment! On top of that, I've got a 14 month old daughter who's been keeping me busy, and her bedroom is right above this office so I can't go crank the stereo when she's asleep.

Anyhow, the fronts of the speakers are lined up to the front edge of a 16" Elfa shelf. The tweeter is about 5'6" above the floor, so about ear height (for me! ) when standing. So the positioning is far from perfect. I used the T-amp with a little portable Samsung CD player and Dell DJ as the sources. The room itself is about 8' x 13', and the speakers are at one of the shorter ends of the room.

I like the presentation. There is a good amount of bass, and the overall sound seems very clean. Wouldn't say that I heard any warmth per se, but it certainly sounds fuller than what I recall of the M2 without a sub. Material ranged from the new Slightly Stoopid CD to Jack Johnson to Stones/Beatles. Since this system is in my wife's office and will be for background music as she works, it isn't going to be used for critical music enjoyment. I think it will be easy to enjoy in that context.

What I'm hoping to do in the near future is separate some of these variables. I'll bring out the M2s I have, and compare to the M3s using both an existing amp I have as well as another T-amp. I'll report back when I get to do that.

Thanks again to everyone.

Rich