That looks like a knock-out deal. I am looking to spend no more than $2000. $1800 sounds good to me.

I like the fact that the HSU sub is just black. I put my feet on my sub all the time as a footrest, and I woundn't feel bad about putting them on the HSU, since it really isn't meant to look good. Any scratch can just be fixed with some black spray paint. I'd be scared to do that on the EP models since they look so nice. And, no cone to kick out by anyone. I like that.

I have just a quick question about the HSU STF-2. How does it compare to the EP175/EP350? I imagine it would be about inbetween or closer to the EP175.

Another thing I was looking at was the wattage ratings on the Harmon Kardon. It seems HK has low wattage ratings across the board for all of their receivers. The HK 235 is only at 50 watts. Would most agree that the HK 235 is the best bet for the $300-$400 range? Does Yamaha, Pioneer or Denon come close? I've looked at some reviews and they say that HK really is efficient in driving speakers at low watts. Some other options and opinions would be nice.

You guys know I'm already sold on the speakers, no "options" needed there. :-) The sub looks really good to me, unless someone finds some really good model or some other good contender, I'm sold on the HSU. The receiver is the only thing I really would like to research a bit more with recommended options.

Thanks alot guys for all your help!

P.S. Before I left college I made spots for the bookshelf speakers. The QS8's will be mounted...um..."ghettoish" I think for now. If I go through with this, I'll put the mounting bracket that comes with the QS8's and put it on some plywood, then make some hooks to hang on my closet door when in use. When not in use it goes in the cabinet above. The other QS8 will probably be mounted to wood also, but suspended by zip ties and duct tape beneath the bed against the wall. (All three bunk beds are 4 feet off the ground on the wall). It might be the most...adaptive placement of QS8's ever. :-P

Last edited by danmagicman7; 12/17/05 02:26 AM.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2