Originally Posted By: Mojo
However, it's really your fault you know. If subbage is that important to you, you should really have a dual-redundant configuration for back-up \:D .

Well the old M&K 200 has been running in this system since early on. It fills things in quite nicely actually. I hooked it up a long time ago to give the EP 600 a bit of help. 2 subs are great. And I'm surprised at how well the M&K does on it's own. (it's 13 years old and still works perfectly after the same amount of time of continuous use.) The room it's in is roughly 14,000 cubic feet and I found a space off in a corner that does wonders to the acoustics with it set out of phase of the EP. However, it's no EP600 and on it's own it's all it can do to provide enough sound in this space. Up until now I've been seriously considering adding another 600 since the difference with 2 subs has been so striking. Some day I'll have 2 identical subs.....of some sort.
( DD-15's or JL Gothams maybe? ;\) )

Thinking more about the EP 600 problem though. I have always noticed a slight "electrical" smell, for lack of a better term, coming off of the back panel space of the EP600, not so much a burning electrical smell so much as a new "burning in" or "hot" smell when running a modest volumes. However this smell has never gone away even after 2 years. Any one else ever notice this? Hot board, capacitors, etc maybe?

Also, while turning the volume knob last night in fairly dark conditions, still trying to figure things out,.... I actually saw small sparks that bridged the gap between the knob and the panel. I believe this to be just static coming off me as it is quite low humidity here now but it sure was a bit coincidental and un-nerving. (Yes, I unplugged it.)