OK, duh....I know what he was talking about but was just a bit brain dead too early in the morning.

As others have said here I find 60hz to be perfect. My 990 allows for x-over settings on all speakers. Fronts are set to 60hz, center and surrounds at 80hz. 95% or better of my listening is 2 channel and I don't believe I'm missing anything in the 60-80hz range for 5.1 because the 990 seems to blend a lot of those frequencies to the left and right. Even on 2 channel there is a roll off of the 60hz + range that gets sent to the sub. Don't recall the exact specs but there is a significant difference in the EP600 response if I set the crossover above 60hz. It gets a lot muddier or thick if you like. There's just too much going on then for it to handle. The M80's do a great job in that range. Conversely the same is true if I ask the M80's to try and handle anything below 60hz. Yeah I know what they are rated to but then there's the reality of what they sound like below say 50hz or so and what the EP600 can do.

Anyway I guess every ones systems will get tweaked a bit different and every one likes their sound a bit different. Right now I'm a happy camper cause it's all working great again!