I am sure you were just generalizing and know what you are doing but for the sake of those not as versed in network design...

Keep in mind that the values you noted are text book network values. Those are based on electrical parameters and not acoustic output so even that won't work correctly in the end.

"Anyway, I'm sorry you are not sending it over for testing, I was really looking forward to seeing the results."

They are posted right on the website \:\)

--
Ninja

Originally Posted By: SRoode
 Originally Posted By: The Ninja
Unless you are highly skilled, you can't just drop in a few parts in the stock network and expect it to work properly.

That said, if you are highly skilled and want to do it, I say go for it \:D

I wasn't suggesting "dropping in" inductors and capacitors into the existing network. I was suggesting making a new "network" using cheap parts (the "network" is nothing more than an inductor in series with the speaker, and a cap in parallel for a 2nd order XO). I'm not sure what the individual impedances are in the Axiom speaker, but if they are 4 ohm, you would only need to buy a .45 mH inductor and a 14 microfarad cap.

Anyway, I'm sorry you are not sending it over for testing, I was really looking forward to seeing the results.