Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Jeez, Jack, you're fired up and stirring the pot today.

Jeez, Tom, I greatly regret that you perceive things that way. I don't feel "fired up" in any way. Since this thread was initially greeted by some with accusations such as "promotion," "BS," and "snake oil," I thought it reasonable to make the point that there is no need for such excessive (IMHO) defensiveness over someone's opinion. I assure you that should Jay and his friends prefer the stock M22s, I will not be wasting your time telling you his methodology was flawed, his viewpoint is worthless, and that you should feel that way also because, frankly, I don't care which they prefer. I'm just grateful that he is spending his time and money to share his opinion, whatever it may be, with us.

Then it was postulated that, since there will likely be no "scientific" structure to this comparison, any findings would "mean little." I merely pointed out that how much someone's opinion "means" to anyone is their choice. I have no problem with anyone discounting someone's opinion if it doesn't measure up to their requirements. However, I would appreciate not being told how much that opinion should mean to me.

That you consider that to be "stirring the pot" is disappointing.

While I do appreciate the repeated admonishments about "opinion" vs. "Science", there are a couple of elements worth noting, IMO.

First, the notion that we accept the information as "opinion only" requires relatively full disclosure about the circumstances under which that opinion was formed.

Second, it is possible if not likely that the crossover will impact the efficiency of the speaker. So, for there to be a relevant comparison (rather than a review), the level matching does become pretty important.

No argument with either point. I have no doubt that Jay will explain what went on. Then we each can decide for ourselves how much importance to place on his opinion.

To me, there is quite a bit more burden on a comparison than there is upon a listening session by those familiar with the sound of the original model.

Not sure I understand this. As I understand it, and I could be mistaken, there will be a stock pair of M22s and a Ninjaed pair of M22s being listened to by Jakewash and other Axiom owners. Is that not both a comparison and a listening session by those familiar with the sound of the original model? I apologize for my confusion.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton