Originally Posted By: The Ninja
Skiing Ninja will be three years old early next year. If it was some clever marketing ploy, I would be working for someone else coming up with these clever marketing ploys and making a hell of a lot more money than I do here.

As far as not sending Ian the XO, I made a business decision to sign an exclusivity deal. It's just business; there is being skeptical and then there is being paranoid...

Again, it would be trivial for someone to order it and mail it to Ian. They can even return it for full credit. If this was BS, why is it so easy verify?

I too do not believe in coincidences... a distinctly human construct designed to make sense in a non-sensical world...

Originally Posted By: mdrew
I have to admit that I am now skeptical and am wondering if all this was nothing more than a clever marketing ploy. I was in total support of this product and Mr. Ninja until the Ninja and/or fate changed the rules of the game, and his (their) mind(s) to send Ian a crossover for testing.

I do not believe in coincidences. I have yet to actually meet one……

My skepticism is because you obviously made the initial offer to send Ian a crossover when you were in the middle of contract negotiations. I personally would not have made the offer if I was in the negotiation stage (in my line of work I work with contracts on a daily basis). To me, this timing issue leads one to wonder if the offer was sincere. I know that comes across as confrontational, but I hope you not take offense to it and try to understand my comments from my point of view.

I am not a ‘glass half empty’ sort of fella. I need two glasses because one is overfilling. I am trying hard to believe you had nothing but good intentions and are an honorable person, and coincidentally, the deal just fell through because of fate / timing. However, it is a hard pill for me to swallow. Yes, I could buy a crossover and send it to Ian myself as you clearly stated. But that’s not the point. You made the offer, and then had to rescind it, and the timing of that is what gives me pause for more careful thought (not paranoia as you infer). Even though I really don’t have a dog in this fight and couldn’t care less about making my M22’s sound different, or even “better”, I was ready to buy a set if Ian indorsed it under you most generous offer to send him one. I was also very interested in a crossover for my M80’s, as I am currently using resisters and would be interested in a different crossover design for them that would allow me to pull the resisters out. I am less inclined to do so now, but still reserving judgment until I see how this all shakes out. Bad timing or not, I am disappointed that you can not, for whatever reason, send Axiom a crossover. I believe that Ian and his gang would give a very unbiased report of the testing results and blind listening in a controlled environment.

Jack,

If you recall, I came to Sean's defence when he was being grilled before anyone else. I am still trying to keep an open mind about these timing coincidences. Don't tar and feather me just yet.