@ Charles - I was considering the new Outlaw 997 which is another reason I was eyeing separates.

@ John - The example of the “Master and Commander” opening battle scene is about the best way I can describe what I mean when I say “all channels.” In my apartment when I set the volume so that the average SPL was about 80dB everything sounded very clear and precise albeit loud during the opening battle. Here in the house (larger room + 2 more QS8s) when I set the volume for and average of 80dB the opening battle is painful when explosions rock the ship, splinters fly and all the speakers seem to be pumping out lots of sound.

My assumption was that the 2807 had enough power to handle the 5.1 duties in the smaller room but is distorting/clipping with 7.1 here in the larger room. Is this a valid assumption or is there perhaps something else wrong with the 2807?

Assuming it is underpowered at “110 watts/channel” (Denons claim) how can I figure out how a “so many watts/channel” claim translates to being able to drive all 7 speakers in a demanding scene like the “Master and Commander‘s” opening battle.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1