@ John - Thanks for the explanation and examples of manufactures. Just to be sure I’m understanding…something like the Denon 3310 rated at 120 watts/channel x 7 should be able to drive my 7 speakers to the parameters already discussed without distorting in even very demanding scenes?

@ Fred - Thanks for the advice. I’ll check out AVS hopefully those sub-forums aren’t as bad as the speakers ones. Noise should not be an issue as all my equipment is located in the office adjacent to my living room behind a set of French doors. I use to always be able to hear my computers and especially the Xbox running. Now nothing but silence from my equipment and its on an open rack so getting to anything is a breeze.

@ anyone - is there any disadvantage to having a long wire run from a pre-processor/receiver analogue outs to the amp. Reason I’m asking is that if I did get something like the Emotiva XPA-3 to power the M80s I could place it behind the screen which would also put it on a separate circuit from all the rest of the equipment in the office.

Part of the reason I ask is because sometimes on my weekdays off I can hear very faint music coming from my center M22 speaker when my system is on and nothing is playing. So I wasn’t sure what was causing it to pick up a stray signal or were it’s coming from . It’s inaudible when anything is playing so I haven’t tried to figure out why it’s happening or why only that speaker (only thing different about it is that it’s hooked up via a switch with the M80 center).

Last edited by grunt; 07/29/09 06:14 AM. Reason: Dyslexia

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1