Originally Posted By: JohnK
Charles, that would depend on whether the problem was with the design or the manufacture.

It looks like the original premature amp failures were based on a design issue from what was discussed here before. Manufacturing boils down to the quality control and quality assurance programs in place. My understanding is that all the EP subwoofers are assembled in house at their factory here in Canada. IMO this would allow for the best best QC/QA. If they would outsource manufacturing, to make it cost effective while keeping within the same margins (lowering prices), he would have to outsource to China or some other country which could make it even more problematic to quality issues. I assume tolerances within the design are much smaller for subwoofers (amps) than with speakers (networks/crossovers), so more care has to be taken with the electronic portion.

Axiom doesn't seem to have history of problems with their electronics from what I have noticed. From the responses on the forum the EP800 has been the exception where the failure rates well above the norm.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne