I talked to HSU this morning. I ordered my STF-2 last Friday (Jan. 2), and over the weekend got to wondering (because of some relatively recent posts on the HSU forum) if the STF-2 was in stock, or still on backorder. The phone was answered by a male whom I couldn't understand. I'm not sure his greeting was in English. I responded with "hello"? (A clever rejoinder, huh?) He said "hello." (Ah! Another clever fellow.) I proceeded to explain who I was and why I was calling. While not being the warmest, most outgoing fellow I've spoken with, and though sounding bored by my inquiry, he quickly reassured me that the STF-2's were currently in stock, and, when asked, said that mine would probably ship in the next couple of days. Though not what I would call "a perfect customer service experience," my questions were, at least, answered. Stay tuned! The final judgement will be made, when I discover the accuracy (or lack thereof) of his time estimate. Another requirement for a passing grade is a timely email with a tracking number. This is an absolute must. One likes to be at home, waiting, when a $400 item is being delivered. I'll post with the results.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton