For those interested in the kind of bass that really moves and feels instead of just 'sounding' like bass, here's a simple thought:
Get a larger driver!

You need to move ALOT of air to make bass. The larger the driver, the more air moved. You can potentially find some custom made subs with 30" drivers but from what i hear, the drivers are rare and incredibly expensive.
Velodyne usually has an 18" monster of some sort in their offerings but to really attain such a level of bass, you need the cash. Don't kid yourself,
Finding "kick you in the chest and wave your shirt with unseen air" kind of bass has to come from either size or quantity (e.g. more than one sub in the system) and for that you need serious money!

Personally i'm more than thrilled with the amount of LFE that my EP350 puts out. The gain is only set at 25% and it rumbles upwards 2 floors. The last time i had it set near 40%, we could no longer hear the dialogue or other effects (during a movie) at the time b/c the low end sound waves cancelled everything else out. The SPL actually felt like a 20' dive with inner ear compression.
If you can't hear anything but bass, then what's the point of listening to a speaker at all?
Just buy a subwoofer and forget the rest.

Out of curiousity Hawkson, if you like sub sounds so much, why bother with Axiom speakers? They do have a nice detailed upper end but their bass is very tight and described by some as 'thin'. Certainly not a speaker that someone like yourself is seemingly looking for.
Had you listened to anything from Paradigm? JBL? Cerwin Vega?
Just last year i actually recommended to a friend that he goes with Energy instead of Axiom. I knew the Axiom sound was not what he was looking for. He was also into the dance boppy music and was not planning on getting a subwoofer. His budget being as limited as it was, the M22s or M50s would not do it (without a sub). I believe he settled on the Energy C7s or C9s.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."