When I was trying to decide which sub to get between the STF2 and VTF2, I was recomended from Dr Hsu to get the VTF2. This was his words:

"the VTF2 has all the bugs worked out, the STF2 is in it's first production run, we are sure there will be some kinks to straighten out, for example some people feel the gain is too low. Future production runs will have the gain increased."

Obviously, the "gain" was just the beginning. I am happy with my purchase of the VTF2. I feel bad for all those with probs with the STF. I would of been upset, for sure. As everyone else I am surprised at Hsu response, as far as repairing the bad ones. I don't know much about the company other than this forum and forums I discovered through this forum where everyone else talked nothing but good about thier subs. Honostly, I don't think I would of bought a Hsu sub if all this happened before I bought mine. There are too many unknowns with a direct only like Axiom and Hsu. If I had a bad sub and they told me to fix it myself, I guarantee you, I would send it right back to them.

Panasonic TC-P50G15, DMP-BD60
Yamaha RX-V1400
Axiom M60's,VP150,QS8's
Hsu VTF2