Originally Posted By: CV
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I asked about my speakers, are they M3V3s or not? Yes, I was told, you got the M3V3s just the old cabinet without the magnetic latches. What about the V2 plaque? Same story. What about the 6.5" black eye pea drivers? They're the same as the new ones I was told.

What was the resolution to all of this? I certainly wouldn't have kept any speakers with remnants of v2 if I thought I was getting v3. That would really annoy me.

Yes, CV, I kept them because I bought them as part of my sub $1,000 stereo system and I had a hard deadline for installation in my friend's house.

BUT, I am not happy about this and in my opinion this situation was not handled very well at all.

As to pmb's comment, pMB, you may know very well what I got, but I sure don't. While there may not be a "hard" distinction between M3V2s and M3V3s, it seems to me there are 4 distinguishing characteristics:

1. new drivers with white dust covers,
2. new cabinets with magnetic latches for grill overs;
3. new tweeter,
4. Plaque which indicates V3.

My V3s have black dustcovers, so I have no reason to believe they are the new woofers, the cabinet lacks the magnetic latches and has a plaque indicating they are M3V2s and the tweeter looks pretty much dentical to my M22s.

I think I'm pretty deep into the V2 range of your soft cut-off.

However, I don't think the matter was handled in a straightforward manner. In fact, it was handled so poorly that I do question whether my M3s have any V3 in them whatsoever.

Trust is everything and the bullet proof straightforwardness that characterized all my dealings with Amie, Joe V. and Noreen just isn't there with Brent or Jean Claude. Previously it was just a matter of ignoring Alan Lofft. Now, I must say my confidence and trust are shaken.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.