2x6spds,

Ok I admit I do understand the disappointment in thinking you're getting one thing, and getting another (or as in this case, not knowing exactly what you got???). I know how that frusteration can build up and fester and create hard feelings and in the end come out in anger. Now before I go any further let me just clarify that I am not part of the Axiom clean-up squad. Saying so proves it, because if you are part of the Axiom clean-up squad you are required by Canadian law to state that fact... otherwise it's entrapment!!!

Ok so now that you know I'm on the level let me just say that if I were in your shoe's I very well may feel the same way that you do. In fact I'm going to go as far as saying I'd probably feel pretty much exactly the way you do. Dispite this however, I am willing to bet you have the new tweeter, and that you're M3's sound 100% identical to any other honest to goodness pair of M3's. For me though, that might not be enough. If it were me, I might have asked if they would take back the set I got, and sent me a pair with the magnetic grills, silver dust caps, and V3 label on the back.

Have you asked them to do this? If not, this is what I would suggest. In my experience with Axiom (JC was directly involved in most of my issues), they will do anything and everything you request of them within reason... and then some!!! There was not a single thing I asked for that JC did not provide me. I don't know if you followed my thread, but it went on for a LONG time before it was resolved. In fact, they gave me SOOO much support and new parts I got to the point that I felt bad asking for anything else because I knew that they couldn't have made any profit from my purchase after everything they sent me. But they never, and I mean NEVER refused anything I asked for. I got everything requested promptly and they were always very good at following up with me, making sure I was satisfied.

So my suggestion is if it's really bugging you, ask them if they'll take yours back in exchange for sonically AND visually V3 M3's. My guess is they'll be more than happy to accomodate such a request and you'll have nothing left to question.

Personally I can see how the switchover from something like a V2 to a V3 could be a big cluster f&@#!!! Some customers will gladly accept the new speakers with the old hardware that is sonically equal to the new hardware (like the black-eyed pea drivers), plus the new hardware (like the tweeters), wrapped in an old box (like the one with the pop-in grills instead of the magnetic ones) and be just fine with them. Others will accept nothing less than everything that is new about the speaker (including cap color and magnetic grills). I'm not saying either of these two types of customers are right or wrong, I'm just saying that both of them exist, so I don't fault Axiom for using up old inventory while making the transition. But I would highly, and I mean HIGHLY doubt that they sent you a pair of V2's and just told you they were V3's. I tell you what, order another set of V3's and when they get there take the tweeters out of both and take them down to a professional lab. If their findings are that you were sold the old tweeters, then I'll pack my Axioms up and send them back to Ontario as well. And I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

And I LOVE my Axiom's!!! So I'm saying this because I'm THAT sure that you have not been duped. But by all means, ask them to trade you for another set of M3's if it's killing you like it is. I know for a fact that your peace of mind is more important to them than a few dollars in their coffers. I know this from experience. JC took care of me, I'm confident he will take the same good care of you as well.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD