Originally Posted By: Jc
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
[quote=CV][quote=2x6spds]

However, I don't think the matter was handled in a straightforward manner. In fact, it was handled so poorly that I do question whether my M3s have any V3 in them whatsoever.

Trust is everything and the bullet proof straightforwardness that characterized all my dealings with Amie, Joe V. and Noreen just isn't there with Brent or Jean Claude. Previously it was just a matter of ignoring Alan Lofft. Now, I must say my confidence and trust are shaken.

Hi 2x6'
I worked with Joe V. for a period of time which was way too short. I learned alot from Joe and I'm still admiring the man he was. I also learned a great deal from Amie C. she was very patient, supporting and encouraging. Noreen who is still a key actor at Axiom; she is always there for me - she is my idol. These three exceptional persons are a very though act to follow. Despites my efforts, I know that I cannot be their equal but not many persons who I know could be.

You bought a pair of M3 speakers which were sold to you as M3v2 which I understand can be disappointing when a newer verison is only introduced a few days later. Axiom which, is a customer oriented company like I never seen, migrates its products incrementally to a new version to minimize the frustration of its clientèle. As Brent and I wrote you, yours were missing the magnet grilles and the white dust caps. For sure, they could not be identified as v3 which would have been false representation.

I do understand your frustration but sonically your M3 are v3.

Really?!?

JC, let me give you a bit of advice. Integrity is everything! It is the firm foundation on which trust is based. That bullet proof integrity characterized my interactions wtih Noreen, Joe V. and Amie. You and Brent are on the wrong path. I have always regarded Axiom as a company which operates on a much higher ethical level than the rest of the herd. Be careful you don't become just more bull.

Here's the email train between me and Axiom in which I was repeatedly assured that I had purchased M3V3s.

==========================================================================================================================

Re: Axiom Audio Response to Your Request
AXIOM AUDIO.COM - JC [jc@axiomaudio.com]
You replied on 7/2/2010 12:25 AM
Extra line breaks in this message were removed.

Sent: Thu 7/1/2010 12:19 PM
To: Phil
Philip,

They are v3 except for the grille and woofer dust cap.
jc

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:35 PM
To: <jc@axiomaudio.com>
Subject: RE: Axiom Audio Response to Your Request

Hello Jean-Claud

11058071006102 and 103

Please let me know. Please also let me know how to tell the difference between the new V3 tweeter and the V2. The woofer appears to be all white in the V3 and mine are black eyed peas. Let me know if there are ANY differences other than the color of the center nipple of the woofer between
V3 and V2. Any cross-over differences?

Philip Levy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:43 AM
To: levylaw1@cox.net
Subject: Axiom Audio Response to Your Request

Hi Philip,

My name is JC (Jean-Claude). I am an expert audio advisor at Axiom.

It is always a pleasure to hear back from an Axiom owner.

Brent is on vacations until July 14th. Please, email me the serial number of your M3 and I will be able to confirm its status.

Thanks again for your e-mail! If you would like me to me to follow-up directly by phone, just drop me a line with an appropriate time and a number for me to do so. Alternatively, you are always welcome to dial Axiom's toll-free number (1-866-244-8796) - any of our Audio Experts would be pleased to help.

Have a nice day !

JC
Jean-Claude Benoît
Axiom Audio Expert
jc@axiomaudio.com
Read about me: http://www.axiomaudio.com/JC.html www.axiomaudio.com Are you an Axiom Audiophile? Sign up for the free monthly Axiom Newsletter!
http://www.axiomaudio.com/newsletter.html
------------------------------------

Hi Brent

Boy, I sure felt better after your explanation that my new M3s were V3s and not V2s. I was afraid that just because my new M3s have a label saying V2 on their backsides, and had the push-on grills instead of the magnetic ones they were really M3V2s. I was relieved when you told me the only differences between the V3 and V2 are the magnetic grills and a cosmetic change to the tweeter. You told me that at least I got the new tweeter!

But, oh, no, my tweeter is not the new one. The magnetic grills we already know about. But holy samolies, I just checked the webiste and notice the new V3s also have different 6 1/2" drivers! So, my M3V3s have the old tweeter, the old grill covers and the old 6 1/2" drivers. Maybe the label on the back which indicates "V2" is for real. What do you think?

I am very disappointed. You assured me I would be getting V3s when I ordered my pair. You assured me today that my M3s are V3s despite the label. I will go so far as to say this is very disturbing to me.

I bought my first pair of Axioms in about 2003. Since then I've bought M2es, M3Tis, M22s, M50s, VP150s, QS8s, a bunch of Meraks. I have referred quite a few people who on my recommendation purchased Axioms speakers. This is not right.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.