Craig,

Considering you are a partner in a Ford dealership and seem to know something about vehicles, I'm going to step out on an auto conundrum branch and see if you can help a fellow liberal(just kidding)and or Axiom owner. Before I ask for your advice, I'm going to admit that I am of the working class, and I have children which are pretty much grown. They pretty much drain my pocket book, at times. My son, who is in college, drives an old Ford Explorer, since I can't afford to purchase him something new, wholesale pricing or not. This vehicle served him adequately until now. I'll put it bluntly. When he turns the ignition key, it turns over but sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. I have had the charging and fuel systems checked out by a local mechanic, but, yet the problem persists. Everything was found to be operation correctly. I phoned a local Ford dealership technician and he said it's probably the fuel pump, which is in the gas tank. As you have probably guessed, it always starts fine at the mechanics, but once it's in the driveway it rears its ugly head once more. I think this vehicle is haunted. What do you think?