Unfortunately, my choice of dealers is somewhat limited. As with just about anything in Alaska, and they all know it. For the most part, they seam to be reasonable, but salesman are still salesmen, and they need to feed their families too. So price shopping and service do not really go hand in hand. You get what you get, and hope they at least have the decency to use lubricant before they give it to you.

But for the past six years, I get a quote for the vehicle I want, with all the options I want from an invoice dealer. I then take that quote to the local dealers. They get one chance to earn my business by matching the quote, plus shipping charges that I would be stuck paying from the invoice dealer (about $1500). If they match this total price, they get a check and off I go in my new rig. It they don’t, I have the invoice dealer ship it to me. I absolutely detest dealing with salesmen and all the G-dam games that goes along with buying a rig. And every time I do this (about every two years), I get the same BS. With the quote matching I do now, there is no BS, no games and no lying to get my business.