That is not BS Craig…..I get so frustrated when I have to diagnose the problem because the “technician” told me nothing is wrong because there is no error code. If no code exists, then the customer MUST be imagining the symptoms. The ABS would go out on my 03 Ram when I was in rainy conditions, the trouble light would come on, an obnoxious beep, the cruise control would go ape [censored] and take control of the truck (either 100% throttle or 0% depending on it’s mood at the time). The first time this happened, it scared the crap out me. After a few more times, I started to find it amusing. Three trips to the dealer, every time they told me there was nothing wrong. – No error codes stored.

I did a little research and downloaded the speed sensing circuitry of this truck, and found out that the speed sensor compares rear axle speed to transfer case speed and if there is a difference, it kicks out the cruise control and disables the ABS. I bought a speed sensor for the rear diff, changed it and that did no good. The next step was the trace the wiring to the sensors. I found a small rub spot on the sensor wire that had exposed bare wire. When it would get wet, it would short to ground, disabling the cruise control and ABS circuits. This took me a whole two hours of research and actual trouble shooting. Problem fixed.

Then I started feeling vibration in the seat when coming to a stop. Every one knows that this is symptom of the rear drums or rotors being out of balance, or warped. Took the truck in. Service reps took the truck for ride, and of course they didn’t feel anything – two different times to the dealer. Screw it, I pulled the rotors, had them turned, popped them back on and changed the pads. Problem solved.

I could go on and on. But nothing was wrong…….