The replies to my last post have gone way far beyond my wildest imagination! I haven't had so much fun stirring up a bee's nest in a long time...

I doesn't look like many of the respondants took much time to inform themselves about what Mr Dent has to say, or what he uses to base his economic forecasts. He's done a LOT of research, and I am personally aquainted with several millionares who have made several of their millions using his economic model. He can't be too far off with that kind of loyalty and performance.

In a nutshell, he has gone back several thousands of years in history, and can show where predictable economic highs and lows will arrive, and why. Spend a few hours reading up on his Key Concepts area and you will find it worth the time, if only for a better understanding of our economic world.

Some may have confused my comments on immigrants with agreeing to a free and open border; nothing could be further from my personal views. I had a strong european influence in my upbringing, and have lived there for several years. They had in the past very tight borders that you simply didn't cross without very serious consequences. There are longer borders there where you died trying to cross illegally. It can be done. I'm not sure we are willing to pay the cost for such vigil, nor do I think that we should go to that extreme. I like very much the quote from Theodore Roosevelt on immigration. I don't have a quick answer to the border problem, but I think we need to take it a lot more seriously than the media suggest we are doing.

One final dig: regardless of the immigrant question, we are going to need a lot more people spending and working to avoid / lessen the coming depression. Read up on the Key Concepts at the Harry Dent web site.

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion: you must set yourself on fire!