I gave up trying to figure out my favorite group’s nationality when I found out that my all time favorite group (AC/DC) was NOT from the US. I must have been a fan of theirs for better than 20 years before I figured that out…….goes to show how observant I am.

I like Green Day quite a bit, but for some reason I thought they were from England.

While I do like my classic hard rock groups (most already mentioned), I tend to listen to more of the new rock that’s been coming out past five years or so.

Nickelback is one of favorite groups, but they’re from Canada.
Theory of a Deadman is in my top ten list. Another Canadian group produced by Nickleback’s Chad Kroeger. No wonder I like them.
Shinedown is bumping AC/DC for the top honor. I think they are from the U.S., but not certain. Their latest CD (Us and Them) is friggin awesome, both musically and recording quality.
Three Days Grace is bound to be a kick ass group if they don’t fade out. I’m enjoying their One X album right now. Don’t know where they’re from.
I’ve always liked the Goo-Goo Dolls. I think they’re U.S. I got to meet these guys when they visited Alaska and didn’t ever think to ask them any personal questions. Their new CD has got to be the best one yet.
Collective Soul is always good. I think they’re U.S.
Hoobastank is quite good, especially their new CD. It’s got to have the most ‘unique’ sound to it I’ve ever heard. Still ‘their’ sound, but just different. I’m really enjoying it. Don’t know where they’re from.
Seether also on my top ten list. U.S.??
And then there’s always Kenny Wayne Shepherd. He's gotta be from the U.S.?? Heck, I'm not sure now that I ask myself the question.

I just realized that I don’t know much…………