Don't miss the Robert Randolph Family Band. They put on an awesome show, and have incredible energy. I saw them twice at the Austin City Limits Music Festival, and then saw them a couple of weeks ago when they opened up for the Black Crowes.

I first saw the Crowes in San Francisco in 1991. They were loud. They were rocking. They were raw. They were fun. I've listened to their music over the years, but hadn't seen them (except at the ACL festival last year, where they did play a 60 minute "hits" set).

I was quite surprised. They have mellowed quite a bit, and it really felt a lot more like a Grateful Dead show. They can still rock, but the whole vibe is very, very different. And they only play 2-3 of their top radio hits. On the other hand, they do venture into some interesting stuff. When I saw them they did a cover of the old Pink Floyd song "Fearless". It seemed like only 2 or 3 other folks recognized the song.

Anymore, more info than you probably wanted! Go see Robert Randolph (and the Drive By Truckers -- they're good, too)

Rich