Wow, nice floorplan! Nice Room!

Welcome.

Quote:

is it ok to place the fronts below the screen along with the centre?

Probably not advisable. You're going to want to get the tweeters of the mains up around ear height if at all possible. Likewise, you may want a bit more separation than you'd get if they were under the screen.

Regarding the center channel: don't dismiss the idea of mounting the speaker ABOVE the screen.

Especially if you're only doing 5.1, I would very strongly encourage you to use the QS8's as surrounds. They are really great speakers. I wouldn't consider anything else, regardless of your placement options.

I think that any of the surround positions would work fine. A bit behind the seating position is probably better than in front, but it might be great either way. They don't need much space down from the ceiling (3-4" is probably plenty) so if you do ceiling-mount them, it'll be fine. Sirquack has some good pictures of his ceiling mounts. He'll be along shortly

That's really a pretty big room. I think you'd be well advised to go for the EP500. Also, don't get TOO committed to a particular location for the sub; you'll want to be able to get it installed and experiment with positioning. It can make a world of difference.

It's always a good idea to call Axiom and talk with somebody about your specific installation.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem