Quote:

Unless you are planning to spend the bucks soon to purchase a Blu-ray or HD-DVD player and play HD discs, I wouldn't recommend purchasing a 1080p projector at this time. 1080p projectors are still in the $5000+ CDN neighbourhood and if you are like many of us and will mostly be viewing SD DVD's through your projector with a decent upconverting player (e.g. Oppo or many others) you won't see a big improvement in image quality (detail) between a 720p and 1080p projector. However, if you plan to watch HD TV with the projector then going with a 1080p model may better suit your needs/desires.

Very true. I was thinking of getting a PS3 for the Bluray player, and gaming and HD sports are a pretty big component of what it'll be doing as well.

And good points about the features, the room is a walkout basement so light control is a bit of an issue (though thicker curtains will help I'm sure). Placement is pretty straight forward, ceiling mounted about 12' back.

The one I was thinking of was the new Epson 1080p one.. can be had for $3k in the US, so I was thinking of buying it there. (Just have to make sure the warranty is still applicable).