Quote:

Wow, nice floorplan! Nice Room!

Thanks! We'll have a bar area in the other area. I'll post pictures when we're done for sure.

The floorplan was pretty much dictated by the posts and stuff though, I was hoping for a more ideal theater room but what can you do.

Quote:

Probably not advisable. You're going to want to get the tweeters of the mains up around ear height if at all possible. Likewise, you may want a bit more separation than you'd get if they were under the screen.

Regarding the center channel: don't dismiss the idea of mounting the speaker ABOVE the screen.

Hm yeah I was a bit afraid of that. If I go with the wall mounted speakers I'm a bit concerned about the vertical wall of the fireplace and pending cabinetry being too close to the speakers. Though we were also thinking of putting the wall mounted speakers inside a portion of the cabinets (built outwards so they aren't in a little hole) with the fabric stuff across it.

Above the screen might work, though I suspect we might end up having it a bit above eye level rather than a bit below. The projector I want does have the ability to shift optically though without keystoning so that helps that.

Quote:

That's really a pretty big room. I think you'd be well advised to go for the EP500. Also, don't get TOO committed to a particular location for the sub; you'll want to be able to get it installed and experiment with positioning. It can make a world of difference.

I was afraid of that, that's a bit more than I was hoping to spend. Even though I only need sound in that one side of the whole room, I still need to worry about filling the whole area I guess. And yeah I was expecting to place it pretty much anywhere, I've read that here before about subs.

Quote:

It's always a good idea to call Axiom and talk with somebody about your specific installation.

That's true, I wasn't sure how much they'd be able to help.

Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated!